Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Print Making


The first thing we did for this project was find five pictures of your animal and the inspiration you'll need for your drawing. Afterwards, we drew a scene of our animal in a landscape. I chose the octopus so I had pictures of tentacles, the shape and the head. I drew the octopus in an underwater theme with coral and other sea anemone. I then took the viewfinder and placed it in three places on my drawing. I chose this one because it had most of the octopus which was the focal point. When we finished doing that, we had to trace the viewfinder part and redraw it on the clay. After the drawing was on the clay you had to cut it out. This part was really hard because I was confused on what to cut and not to cut but in the end I figured it out and I think it looks alright. I think I had too much ink and i should've had more cut out parts. I learned that I should know how to do the whole project so I know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment